Frequently Asked Questions
I bought a license for Keepinhead Mobile and I have a new mobile phone now. May I use the old license or should I buy a new one?
- According to the Users agreement for one activation key you can have only one mobile installation of Keepinhead. So if you delete Keepinhead completely from your old mobile phone, then you can install it on a new one and use the activation key you already have (you don't have to buy another license).
- If you want to use the application on more phones, you have to buy more licenses, otherwise your activation key will become invalid.
I bought a license for Keepinhead PC and I'm switching to a new computer now. May I use the old license or should I buy a new one?
- It's analogical to the case of mobile (see the previous question). You may activate Keepinhead on your new computer, but you have to delete it completely from you old one.
- If you want to use the application on more computers, you have to buy more licenses, otherwise your activation key will become invalid.
Where does the program save its data files?
- Keepinhead PC saves your databases (various languages, folders, flash cards, history of learning) in directories listed below. You can regularly back it up on another drive if you want to, when switching to a new PC you can copy it to the appropriate folder in your new PC.
- Windows XP (Keepinhead PC) - default directory C:\Program Files\Keepinhead\DATA\VCL
- Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Keepinhead PC) - default directory C:\Users\UserXY\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Keepinhead\DATA\VCL
- Keepinhead Mobile saves your databases (various languages, folders, flash cards, history of learning) into inaccessible folder of an application, so it's not possible to copy it from there. This can be solved by Bluetooth sync with Keepinhead PC or uploading flash cards directly from the application Keepinhead Mobile to it's website keepinhead.com
Bluetooth sync between Keepinhead PC and Keepinhead Mobile freezes at 90%. What should I do? Could the cabel sync help?
- Some devices freeze while tranfering large amount of data (buffer overflow, insufficient memory). So you can delete some not used flash cards, folders or databases and synchronize less data.
- Cabel sync isn't possible, phone manufacturers don't allow sync via cable for J2ME mobile applications.
I'm not allowed to delete pre-installed databases in Keepinhead PC. What should I do?
- You probably use Windows Vista or Windows 7, which prohibit deleting files from the directory C:\Program Files, where Keepinhead is installed. To resolve this, you have to install Keepinhead PC to another location (don't choose directory C:\Program Files but some other, e.g. C:\Programs).
We are school/company/institution and we want to buy more licenses. Can we take advantage of a volume discount?
- Yes, if you want an unlimited (classic) license, then you can apply for a discount to purchase 10 or more licenses.